Its been almost six months since i bought this laptop (I bought this laptop around early August last year), and I’m proud to say that I’m glad the first thing that signals a cue of blemish (asides from all the scratches, I’m talking serious here) is the distressing noise produced by my laptop’s fan! (OK, maybe i’m not so serious after all xD).
The HP Pavilion dv2-1003ax cost me RM2.4k. Its a single core AMD Athlon Neo processor with the ATi-3400 (3410) series graphic card on a 12.1” screen.
Dissection of my laptop
Today, the fan became so annoying loud that I determine to solve the problem!! With Ping Shen’s help who gave me the link without the need of tediously searching it myself, I….
Left: Front cover and keyboard
Right: Photo of Keyboard taken from horizontally - Notice the curvature (sorry that i do not remove the background items, making it hard for your eyes)
Left: Hard disk, RAM, WLAN, covers for hard disk, RAM and WLAN, screws
Right: Remains of laptop after taking out the mother board and casing. Its left with the metal bars and the three bars surrounding the laptop. I didn’t COMPLETELY remove everything (bluetooth?)
The motherboard as seen from below the laptop. The bottom-right piece is the heatsink where cooling takes place, so the little space to the right of it is where the heatsink position is. CPU is in the middle, while near the right of it is place the northbridge and the GPU. I’ll assume the big chip at the bottom is the southbridge (forgot to check properly). The black parts are the stickers covering the mainboard which I did not bother to remove xD
So where’s the fan?
I forgot to take a picture of it >__<
There’s something wrong with it, so I just went on with the idea of removing it (tempor
arily). Laptop with no fan? Yes, there is…externally…
The blue cooling pad belongs to Kam Hing, which I have to borrow in the mean time. Since my cooling pad effectively cools the air that passes through, I place it in on top of his one (see the right pic). You can see my fan obviously, which blows into directly into the heatsink area of the laptop.
Previously the temperature of my laptop is around 38 degree celcius at lightwork and 50 at partial load. Now its 52 degree celcius at lightwork and it hits a highest record (personal record) of 68 degree celcius at load (not even full load).
There’s one thing I forgot to do. During assembling back my laptop, I missed out the touch pad connector…hence my touchpad is not working now >__< I’ll put it back tomorrow together with the fan after changing it. Less trouble =)
I have to emphasize that dismantling this is even easier than most of the 14” or larger laptops out there. Look at the number of screws. If I do remove everything completely, I’ll just have about 6 more screws!!
Now…I shall dota and observe the temperature rise…
*Bail out*
omg, u r so daring ooo~~~ amputate ur laptop@@
ReplyDeletelolllll =)
ReplyDelete